Helene picked up her first camera at age eleven and fell in love with photography. Her formal education began at Temple University in Philadelphia. O. Helene Kobelnyk spent a lifetime traveling and studying throughout Europe, North America, Mexico and the Caribbean, always with camera in hand. After earning a master of arts degree in mathematics, Helene devoted more than 20 years to public education.
She has been and continues to be an avid and lifelong student of the visual arts and music and has studied in major cities of the United States and Europe. Throughout her journey through life and different parts of the world, her camera was always by her side.
Not only has her photographic work received a variety of accolades and been short-listed in international competitions, but her compassionate and effective teaching syle won her the titles of Teacher and Staff of the Year and a variety of grants, fellowships and scholarships.
While her primary focus continues to be photography, Helene offers topic specific seminars as her shooting and publishing schedule allows.
- RT @Rschooley: While we were worrying about terrorists getting into the country, they were being raised here., Jul 5
- RT @mmpadellan: Angry White males under the age of 21 are allowed to purchase weapons of war no problem, but Women will be prosecuted for making health decisions to save their own lives. THAT IS BULLSHIT., Jul 5
- RT @LakotaMan1: The fact that the police will shoot an unarmed Black man 60 times for a parking violation, while taking in a white mass shooter “without incident” is why, as an Indigenous man, — I’ll never ever feel safe, in my own country., Jul 5
- RT @DoctorHenryCT: I remember reading about Hitler & German citizens who claimed Hitler fooled them. Actually, he said exactly who he was & his hatred of Jews led to the Holocaust. So, I don't want to hear from Trump supporters down the road that they were misled. The rest of us saw it coming., Jul 5
- RT @democraticbear: If you bash Biden for something he cannot control, you are electing a Republican., Jul 3